Uploading *.gpx route to Garmin Edge
After I got the Garmin Edge 530, the upload of the route to the device always confused me, so I created this cheat sheet:
Uploading the route to the Garmin
Option #1 – upload directly via USB
*.gpx file with the route to
Option #2 for Apple users – upload via iPhone Garmin app and AirDrop
- Airdrop the
*.gpxfile to the iPhone and open it with Garmin Connect.
- Go to More (bottom right) → Training → Courses → (select course) → tap tripple dot (in upper right corner) ⋮ → Send to Device
- Let the app sync with the Edge.
Option #3 – upload via Garmin Connect (and mobile/desktop app)
On the Garmin website...
- Go to Garmin Connect Online
- Continue to Training → Courses → Import
- Rename the course from Untitled to something user friendly (2022-03-15 Marianske udoli 30km).
- Click “Save New Course”
Then in iOS app...
- In iOS app Garmin Connect go to More → Training → Courses, open the desired course, tap the three vertical dots and selsect Send to Device.
- Sync the devices to upload the course.
- Click "Send to Device" on the website and let it sync through Garmin Express desktop app. (TBD)