Uploading *.gpx route to Garmin Edge
After I got the Garmin Edge 530, the upload of the route to the device always confused me, so I created this cheat sheet:
Uploading the route to the Garmin
Option #1 – upload directly via USB
*.gpx file with the route to
Option #2 for Apple users – upload via iPhone Garmin app and AirDrop
- Airdrop the
*.gpxfile to the iPhone and open it with Garmin Connect.
- Go to More (bottom right) → Training → Courses → (select course) → tap tripple dot (in upper right corner) ⋮ → Send to Device
- Let the app sync with the Edge.
Option #3 – upload via Garmin Connect (and mobile/desktop app)
On the Garmin website...
- Go to Garmin Connect Online
- Continue to Training → Courses → Import
- Rename the course from Untitled to something user friendly (2022-03-15 Marianske udoli 30km).
- Click “Save New Course”
Then in iOS app...
- In iOS app Garmin Connect go to More → Training → Courses, open the desired course, tap the three vertical dots and selsect Send to Device.
- Sync the devices to upload the course.
- Click "Send to Device" on the website and let it sync through Garmin Express desktop app. (TBD)
Selecting the route in Garmin Edge 530 for navigation
DIY tubeless tire booster from old extinguisher
This could a guide... or a nursery.