IP camera Techage TA-XM-608GP-AI-30 (3MP)
- Full AliExpress name: Techage H.265 3MP Two Way Audio POE IP Camera IP66 Waterproof Outdoor Video CCTV Security Surveillance Camera for POE NVR System
- Bought on AliExpress, at the time for $35 (shipped from EU warehouse)
- Power: either 12 V DC, or 48V PoE
- Administration: requires Internet Explorer + ActiveX plugin
Resolution: on the sticker 3MP, but within the settings the highest resolution is actually 4MP at
2560x1440(so something like 3.6 megapixels, also called 1440p or QHD)
- Framerate: 1-25 fps (can be adjusted)
- This camera can do both H264 and H265 (HEVC) stream. When the codec is set to H.265X, the stream is actually x264 (and H265 is actual x265).
- The stream carries wrong aspect ratio metadata (should be 16:9, but it's actually 64:27). See
ffprobeoutput bellow. Can be fixed without re-encoding, but it's annoying.
- There is some (2-way) speaker that was always buzzing. I cut it off. NOTE: Other Techage camera was the same way, but only when powered on by 12 V. When powered over ethernet (POE) it was quited. So POE is preffered way of powering.
- Default IP is
192.168.1.10with DHCP disabled.
RTSP stream URL for ZoneMinder or VLC:
# In-camera setting: "H.265X" + "4MP" Video: h264 (High), yuvj420p(pc, progressive), 2560x1440 [SAR 4:3 DAR 64:27], 25 fps, 10 tbr, 90k tbn # In-camera setting:"H.265" + "4MP" Video: hevc (Main), yuvj420p(pc), 2560x1440 [SAR 4:3 DAR 64:27], 25 fps, 10 tbr, 90k tbn # In-camera setting: "H.265X" + "3MP" Video: h264 (High), yuvj420p(pc, progressive), 2304x1296 [SAR 4:3 DAR 64:27], 25 fps, 10 tbr, 90k tbn
Fixing the wrong aspect ratio without re-encoding
Before I come up with better solution, this works well. It simply adjusts the display aspect ratio (DAR), so players know to play it back as 16:9.
ffmpeg -i in.mp4 -aspect 16:9 -c copy out.mp4
More resources: Correct aspect ratio without re-encoding video file
Will add at some point. Overall very nice image for $35.